Thursday, May 22, 2008

Broken Down Cars?....Or No Car At All?


Okay, so I am back from my long long long break from blogging ha ha. I am not too sure about what I am going to be writing. But I decided maybe if I just try to pick this thing back up, eventually it will just "flow"...if you know what I mean. If not then that's okay, you can just continue to sit there scratching your head.

Anyway, lately I have been just trying to keep up with school, while also maintaining somewhat of a social life. That is slightly hard to do, only having 2 friends who live in town and the rest are college students, your parents don't want you around all the time. But I have decided that it will get better for me....and it will get better soon. And if it's not going to get better on its own, I will just have to make everything better myself. Or wait, that's God's job isn't it. haha oops, (didn't mean to steal your thunder) I think I'll just go ahead and leave that up to him lol.


But back to what I was saying, who knew freshman year would be sooo hard??! Someone did not let me in on that precious little secret, and they are going to pay! Haha, no not really, all in all I think it's gone pretty well so far. I'm still alive aren't I?...and that's all that I could ask for. I read this chinese proverb today and it said, "A gem cannot be polished without rubbing, nor is a man perfected without trials." Have you ever wondered what it would be like if we never went through anything bad? I'm sure you're thinking, oh yeah life would be a heck of a lot easier...but would we appreciate? Maybe going through the bad stuff is what really makes all of the good stuff matter. If we only had good things happen to us pretty soon we would take it all for granted. Not that we already take everything for granted as it is. But still, we would get too used to good things happening to us. Look at it this way, wouldn't you much rather have a car to get broken down in on the side of the road, then to have no car at all? At least you have a crappy car. Lol, I bet there are a million people that don't have cars or homeless people that would think, "Man, I would kill to have that broken down piece of junk than to have nothing at all." So why not, when you walk out of your home tomorrow, appreciate all of the little things that we have and that happen to us....good and the bad.


No comments: